- Former talk show host Dick CavettFormer talk show host Dick Cavett
Former TV show host and Talk Show author explains why, when he began his career, listening was the most difficult part of the job.
- Former counsel to Dr. King Clarence B. JonesFormer counsel to Dr. King Clarence B. Jones
Tavis: Clarence B. Jones served as a longtime counsel and part-time speechwriter for Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. He is now a scholar in residence at Stanford’s MLK Research and Education Institute. His forthcoming text is called “Behind the Dream: The Making of the Speech that Transformed a Nation.” Clarence Jones, as always, good to [...]
- Author Edmund MorrisAuthor Edmund Morris
Pulitzer Prize-winning presidential biographer discusses the last of his trilogy on Theodore Roosevelt and reveals why he chose the title and what drew him to the subject.
- Independent – VT Sen. Bernie SandersIndependent – VT Sen. Bernie Sanders
Vermont senator explains why he’s in stark opposition to President Obama’s two-year extension of the Bush-era tax cuts.
- Harvard law professor Noah FeldmanHarvard law professor Noah Feldman
Harvard law professor explains why it’s important today to have Supreme Court justices who are risk-takers and may even have character flaws.
- Singer-songwriter Keri HilsonSinger-songwriter Keri Hilson
Grammy-nominated singer-songwriter discusses her second album and how she’s avoiding the sophomore curse.
- Filmmaker Darren AronofskyFilmmaker Darren Aronofsky
Filmmaker explains why, as a director, he’s able to get actors to go above and beyond while researching their roles.
- Journalist Tom BrokawJournalist Tom Brokaw
Veteran journalist discusses race relations in the U.S. today and describes the essence of American character.
- Musician Quincy JonesMusician Quincy Jones
Music impresario talks about his new CD, and his new book, and explains how music became the mother he never had.
- Actress Hilary SwankActress Hilary Swank
Two-time Oscar winner and star-exec producer of the feature film Conviction explains why her career has included so many real-life stories and shares which film roles have scared her the most.
- Democrat – IL Sen. Dick DurbinDemocrat – IL Sen. Dick Durbin
llinois senior senator and Majority Whip shares his thoughts on deficit reduction, unemployment benefits and tax cuts.
- Former U.S. senator Gary HartFormer U.S. senator Gary Hart
Former Colorado senator and Democratic presidential candidate discusses the need for Americans to work to improve the nation’s future even if they don’t reap the benefits in their lifetime.
- Singer Natalie ColeSinger Natalie Cole
Grammy-winning singer Cole shares the story of how, when she was in need of a life-saving kidney transplant, she learned of a successful organ match while at her dying sister’s bedside.
- Foreign Policy magazine Josh RoginForeign Policy magazine Josh Rogin
Foreign Policy magazine’s discusses WikiLeaks’ controversial release of classified U.S. diplomatic documents and the growing tensions on the Korean peninsula.
- Singer-songwriter Ron IsleySinger-songwriter Ron Isley
Veteran R&B singer-songwriter reveals the history of his cane and talks about his new, first-ever solo project.