- Singer-songwriter SealSinger-songwriter Seal
Grammy-winning singer-songwriter talks about his latest disc and the romantic tradition that he and his supermodel wife have kept alive each year of their marriage.
- New York Times Ethan BronnerNew York Times Ethan Bronner
Tavis: U.S. special envoy George Mitchell is in the Middle East tonight on an emergency mission to rescue the latest efforts for peace in the region. For more tonight I’m joined from Jerusalem by Ethan Bronner, Jerusalem bureau chief for “The New York Times.” Ethan, thanks for your time. Good to have you on the [...]
- Novelist James EllroyNovelist James Ellroy
Legendary crime writer shares the painful childhood story that led to his troubled relationship with women, as told in his new memoir.
- Geoffrey Canada; Davis GuggenheimGeoffrey Canada; Davis Guggenheim
Harlem Children Zone CEO and Oscar-winning filmmaker talk about the acclaimed documentary Waiting for Superman.
- Former congressman Harold Ford, Jr.Former congressman Harold Ford, Jr.
Former Tennessee congressman and author of More Davids than Goliaths explains why all ‘Goliaths’ are not bad, but all ‘Davids’ are good.
- Maroon 5 Adam LevineMaroon 5 Adam Levine
Frontman for the Grammy-winning band Maroon 5 offers tough words about the decline of the music industry.
- Salon.com Rebecca TraisterSalon.com Rebecca Traister
Big Girls Don’t Cry author describes how the ’08 presidential election cycle changed the way we think of women in power.
- Documentary filmmaker Ken BurnsDocumentary filmmaker Ken Burns
Acclaimed documentary filmmaker talks about his latest project, The Tenth Inning, and explains why baseball makes for such a poignant American documentary topic.
- Actor Hugh LaurieActor Hugh Laurie
Golden Globe-winning star of the medical drama House explains how the seventh season of the hit Fox series takes a bold step that is ultimately a gamble.
- Actor Philip Seymour HoffmanActor Philip Seymour Hoffman
Academy Award winner explains why some films are making money these days and others aren’t and talks about his new film, Jack Goes Boating, which also marks his directorial debut.
- Actor-filmmaker-activist Tim RobbinsActor-filmmaker-activist Tim Robbins
Oscar-winning actor, director, producer, musician and activist explains why it’s important in his new stage play, Break the Whip—which he wrote and directs—to tell the story of the Jamestown settlement without Pocahontas or John Smith.
- Commentator Arianna HuffingtonCommentator Arianna Huffington
Third World America author sounds the alarm about the downward mobility that the American middle class is facing.
- HHS secretary Secretary Kathleen SebeliusHHS secretary Secretary Kathleen Sebelius
HHS secretary de-bunks some of the myths that still surround the landmark bill.
- Communications consultant Frank LuntzCommunications consultant Frank Luntz
Communications consultant and pollster shares the top issues that will be on Americans’ minds when they go to the polls in November.
- Actor Donal LogueActor Donal Logue
Logue discusses the journey from acting in TV pilot after pilot to ending up with, what he hopes is, a critical success in the new FX series Terriers.