- Singer-songwriter Serj TankianSinger-songwriter Serj Tankian
Activist singer-songwriter discusses why he feels he must be both direct and indirect in his political statements.
- Tavis Smiley Reports PreviewTavis Smiley Reports Preview
Tavis previews next week’s primetime special: Tavis Smiley Reports, “Too Important to Fail.”
- Director; actress Taylor Hackford, Helen MirrenDirector; actress Taylor Hackford, Helen Mirren
Oscar-winning Hollywood power couple shares what is was like filming their new project and weigh in on the debate over legalizing prostitution.
- Singer-songwriter James TaylorSinger-songwriter James Taylor
In his past appearances, the Rock and Rock Hall of Famer reflected on the rough period of his addiction and the reason he doesn’t like to listen to himself on the radio.
- The Poverty Tour – Part 1The Poverty Tour – Part 1
Tavis begins this week of shows on poverty in the U.S. with a theme of “Suffering to Speak,” in which he and Princeton professor Dr. Cornel West explain why they felt it was important to embark upon their 18-city, 11-state Poverty Tour this past summer.
- The Poverty Tour – Part 2The Poverty Tour – Part 2
Part 2 of the week’s Poverty Tour shows puts the spotlight on the new poor. Around the theme of “I Had Everything,” Tavis also talks with Vicki B. Escarra, CEO of Feeding America.
- The Poverty Tour – Part 3The Poverty Tour – Part 3
Tonight’s discussion on poverty in America—”No Room at the Inn”—continues with Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius and a focus on the housing crisis.
- The Poverty Tour – Part 4The Poverty Tour – Part 4
Part 4 of this special series on poverty, “Nothing Moves Without Us,” examines jobs and the unemployment crisis. Tavis also talks with the director of Columbia’s Earth Institute and co-founder of Millennium Promise Alliance Jeffrey Sachs.
- The Poverty Tour – Part 5The Poverty Tour – Part 5
The last night of discussions on poverty in America—”The Fight of the Poor”—directs attention to groups and communities organizing a movement to end poverty across the country. Tavis also talks with Jim Wallis, founder of Sojourners magazine and chair of the World Economic Forum’s Global Agenda Council on Faith.
- R&B singing group The WhispersR&B singing group The Whispers
Twin brothers Wallace & Walter Scott reflect on their modern soul group’s 50 years in the music-making business.
- The WhispersThe Whispers
Founding members Wallace and Walter Scott discuss their 50 years of harmonies that began on the street corners of Watts, CA.
- Travel writer Paul TherouxTravel writer Paul Theroux
Legendary travel writer shares stories from his latest book, The Tao of Travel.
- Educator Dr. Marvin ThompsonEducator Dr. Marvin Thompson
Dr. Thompson talks about his approach to school leadership and being the subject of the OWN docu-series, Blackboard Wars.
- Actor-writer Billy Bob ThorntonActor-writer Billy Bob Thornton
The Academy Award winner-turned-author shares what finally convinced him to write his memoir, The Billy Bob Tapes: A Cave Full of Ghosts, and talks about life-changing events and his driving force.
- A Year Later Thoughts on HaitiA Year Later Thoughts on Haiti
Tavis offers his thoughts on the situation in Haiti, one year after the devastating earthquake.