- Singer-songwriter Bettye LaVetteSinger-songwriter Bettye LaVette
Grammy-nominated soul singer-songwriter reflects on how people are discovering her, after all of her years in the business, and explains why she’s not bitter.
- MALDEF Thomas SaenzMALDEF Thomas Saenz
Civil rights veteran and president and general counsel of the Mexican American Legal Defense and Education Fund, explains the constitutional battle between the federal government and the state of Arizona over immigration.
- Actor Joe MortonActor Joe Morton
Morton describes the storyline of his new series, Syfy’s Eureka.
- Democrat – CA Rep. Henry WaxmanDemocrat – CA Rep. Henry Waxman
House Energy Committee chair discusses energy reform after the BP oil spill and the role American citizens play in the problem.
- Actor Robert David HallActor Robert David Hall
CSI star tells the backstory of his passionate advocacy for people with disabilities and talks about achieving his lifelong dream—as a singer-songwriter-guitarist—with his new CD.
- Author Nicholas CarrAuthor Nicholas Carr
Best-selling author of The Big Switch talks about his latest—The Shallows: What the Internet Is Doing to Our Brains.
- Music trio Carolina Chocolate DropsMusic trio Carolina Chocolate Drops
The string band members explain the origin of the group’s name and the name of their new CD; they also demonstrate their talent with a special performance.
- NOOR photographer Stanley GreeneNOOR photographer Stanley Greene
Acclaimed NOOR photographer describes his traveling exhibit documenting Hurricane Katrina’s effects on Gulf Coast residents and what the photographs say about humanity.
- Medical correspondent Dr. Ian SmithMedical correspondent Dr. Ian Smith
50 Million Pound Challenge founder talks about his new book and his efforts to combat rising obesity rates in the U.S.
- Filmmaker Oliver StoneFilmmaker Oliver Stone
Oscar- and Emmy-winning filmmaker explains why he made the controversial new documentary South of the Border, which explores the relationship between the U.S. and South America.
- Actor Laurence FishburneActor Laurence Fishburne
Award-winning actor shares how he balances reprising the role he originated on Broadway as the first African American Supreme Court justice in Thurgood with his star turn in TV’s CSI.
- Actress Molly ShannonActress Molly Shannon
Actress-comedienne shares the challenges of working on her new animated series, TBS’ Neighbors from Hell.
- Zappos CEO Tony HsiehZappos CEO Tony Hsieh
Zappos CEO talks about getting people to buy into his unique vision for corporate culture, which he details in his first book.
- Novelist Bret Easton EllisNovelist Bret Easton Ellis
Best-selling novelist discusses his controversial novel Less Than Zero and how he updates it, 25 years later, with his newest, Imperial Bedrooms.
- Jazz saxophonist Mindi AbairJazz saxophonist Mindi Abair
Jazz musician explains the challenges of being a female saxophonist and talks about her new release.