- Filmmaker Oliver StoneFilmmaker Oliver Stone
Oscar- and Emmy-winning filmmaker explains why he made the controversial new documentary South of the Border, which explores the relationship between the U.S. and South America.
- Director Oliver StoneDirector Oliver Stone
As the U.S. marks the 50th anniversary of President Kennedy’s assassination, Stone looks back at his 1991 blockbuster film, JFK, and forward to new projects.
- Singer-songwriter Noel “Paul” StookeySinger-songwriter Noel “Paul” Stookey
“Paul” of Peter, Paul & Mary fame and a longtime activist describes his newest solo project, “One & Many.”
- Hip-hop pioneers, The Sugarhill GangHip-hop pioneers, The Sugarhill Gang
Former Sugarhill Gang members Wonder Mike and Master Gee discuss their decades-long battle to reclaim their legacy.
- The Sugarhill GangThe Sugarhill Gang
Michael Wright and Guy O’Brien, better known as Wonder Mike and Master Gee, recount their cautionary tale of youth, success and the small print on contracts.
- Capt. Chesley SullenbergerCapt. Chesley Sullenberger
The airline pilot of “Miracle on the Hudson” fame recalls the 2009 incident and life since, as written about in his text Making a Difference; he also talks about traits that come into play in a moment of crisis.
- Journalist Ron SuskindJournalist Ron Suskind
The Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist shares what he learned about President Obama from their hour-long conversation, which was part of the research for the new book, Confidence Men.
- Actress Hilary SwankActress Hilary Swank
Two-time Oscar winner and star-exec producer of the feature film Conviction explains why her career has included so many real-life stories and shares which film roles have scared her the most.
- Actress Tilda SwintonActress Tilda Swinton
Oscar-winning actress discusses the audience connection to her latest film, I Am Love.
- Author Matt TaibbiAuthor Matt Taibbi
Rolling Stone contributing editor and Griftopia author demystifies the inner workings of Wall Street and critiques why the U.S. should not have bailed out big banks.
- Salon.com founder David TalbotSalon.com founder David Talbot
The online journalism pioneer shares why he chose to write about San Francisco in his book Seasons of the Witch, how the city’s inhabitants pushed social progress and relates its 1960s values to current social issues.
- Author Nassim TalebAuthor Nassim Taleb
Former derivatives trader explains why he wanted his latest text to serve as a diatribe against modernity.
- Author Nassim Nicholas TalebAuthor Nassim Nicholas Taleb
The renowned political and financial thinker explains his argument that chaos should be embraced—the position he takes in his new text, Antifragile.
- Actor Jeffrey TamborActor Jeffrey Tambor
Meeting Spencer star describes the painful childhood experience that drove him to become an actor.
- Writer Amy TanWriter Amy Tan
The award-winning writer unpacks her sixth novel, The Valley of Amazement, a sweeping tale of two women’s search for identity.