- The Poverty Tour – Part 2The Poverty Tour – Part 2
Part 2 of the week’s Poverty Tour shows puts the spotlight on the new poor. Around the theme of “I Had Everything,” Tavis also talks with Vicki B. Escarra, CEO of Feeding America.
- The Poverty Tour – Part 3The Poverty Tour – Part 3
Tonight’s discussion on poverty in America—”No Room at the Inn”—continues with Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius and a focus on the housing crisis.
- The Poverty Tour – Part 4The Poverty Tour – Part 4
Part 4 of this special series on poverty, “Nothing Moves Without Us,” examines jobs and the unemployment crisis. Tavis also talks with the director of Columbia’s Earth Institute and co-founder of Millennium Promise Alliance Jeffrey Sachs.
- The Poverty Tour – Part 5The Poverty Tour – Part 5
The last night of discussions on poverty in America—”The Fight of the Poor”—directs attention to groups and communities organizing a movement to end poverty across the country. Tavis also talks with Jim Wallis, founder of Sojourners magazine and chair of the World Economic Forum’s Global Agenda Council on Faith.
- R&B singing group The WhispersR&B singing group The Whispers
Twin brothers Wallace & Walter Scott reflect on their modern soul group’s 50 years in the music-making business.
- The WhispersThe Whispers
Founding members Wallace and Walter Scott discuss their 50 years of harmonies that began on the street corners of Watts, CA.
- Travel writer Paul TherouxTravel writer Paul Theroux
Legendary travel writer shares stories from his latest book, The Tao of Travel.
- Educator Dr. Marvin ThompsonEducator Dr. Marvin Thompson
Dr. Thompson talks about his approach to school leadership and being the subject of the OWN docu-series, Blackboard Wars.
- Actor-writer Billy Bob ThorntonActor-writer Billy Bob Thornton
The Academy Award winner-turned-author shares what finally convinced him to write his memoir, The Billy Bob Tapes: A Cave Full of Ghosts, and talks about life-changing events and his driving force.
- A Year Later Thoughts on HaitiA Year Later Thoughts on Haiti
Tavis offers his thoughts on the situation in Haiti, one year after the devastating earthquake.
- Cardiologist Eric TopolCardiologist Eric Topol
A leading voice on the digital revolution in medicine, Dr. Topol talks about his text, The Creative Destruction of Medicine.
- Actress Gina TorresActress Gina Torres
The stage, film and TV actress catches us up on her latest projects, including the legal drama, Suits, on the USA Network.
- Writer Paul ToughWriter Paul Tough
Tough challenges the belief that intelligence is the sole indicator of value in the education system.
- Salon.com Rebecca TraisterSalon.com Rebecca Traister
Big Girls Don’t Cry author describes how the ’08 presidential election cycle changed the way we think of women in power.
- Writer David TreuerWriter David Treuer
The college professor-novelist explains his latest text—his first full-length nonfiction work—Rez Life, and how growing up on the margins of a reservation was a metaphor for his life.