- Filmmaker Tom HooperFilmmaker Tom Hooper
Filmmaker and director of The King’s Speech—this year’s most Oscar-nominated movie, including best director and best picture—explains the role his mother played in bringing the story to him.
- Actor Sir Anthony HopkinsActor Sir Anthony Hopkins
Oscar-winning actor discusses his acclaimed career and why he feels it’s healthy to keep low expectations and to live in doubt.
- Former FL governor Charlie CristFormer FL governor Charlie Crist
Former Florida governor reacts to the State of the Union address and explains why he feels the speech was ‘Reagan-esque.’
- Writer Paul ClemensWriter Paul Clemens
Detroit native talks about his new book, Punching Out: One Year in a Closing Auto Plant, and blue collar decline in America.
- Writer Kim EdwardsWriter Kim Edwards
Author of the best seller The Memory Keeper’s Daughter discusses her new novel and the mysterious process of writing.
- Journalist Peter BergenJournalist Peter Bergen
National security analyst and The Longest War author discusses the lack of fallout following the announcement that the U.S. will remain in Afghanistan through 2014.
- Presidential historian Douglas BrinkleyPresidential historian Douglas Brinkley
Presidential historian discusses his latest text and describes the similarities between Presidents Obama and Reagan.
- Former U.S. Senator Bill BradleyFormer U.S. Senator Bill Bradley
Former U.S. Senator discusses civility in America and previews President Obama’s State of the Union address.
- Author Douglas FrantzAuthor Douglas Frantz
Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist discusses the START Treaty and explains why Pakistan is the world’s most dangerous nation.
- Former boxer Rubin “Hurricane” CarterFormer boxer Rubin “Hurricane” Carter
Former boxing champ talks about his current work to help prisoners who have been falsely convicted.
- Panel discussion – Part 3 America’s Next ChapterPanel discussion – Part 3 America’s Next Chapter
In the final part of a conversation on ‘America’s Next Chapter,’ thought leaders discuss whether there’s a brighter future for the next generation.
- Panel discussion – Part 2 America’s Next ChapterPanel discussion – Part 2 America’s Next Chapter
In Part 2 of a conversation on ‘America’s Next Chapter,’ thought leaders tackle such issues as how the country rebuilds cities with empty homes and no jobs.
- Panel discussion – Part 1 America’s Next ChapterPanel discussion – Part 1 America’s Next Chapter
In Part 1 of a conversation on ‘America’s Next Chapter,’ thought leaders wrestle with the issue of how the U.S. can return to its greatness.
- Former counsel to Dr. King Clarence B. JonesFormer counsel to Dr. King Clarence B. Jones
Speechwriter for Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and author of Behind the Dream explains why Dr. King’s “Dream” speech served as a beacon light that revealed who King was.
- Singer-songwriter Stevie WonderSinger-songwriter Stevie Wonder
Music icon talks about his passion for activism, including his advocacy of the successful campaign to make Dr. King’s birthday a national holiday.