- A Year Later Thoughts on HaitiA Year Later Thoughts on Haiti
Tavis offers his thoughts on the situation in Haiti, one year after the devastating earthquake.
- Cardiologist Eric TopolCardiologist Eric Topol
A leading voice on the digital revolution in medicine, Dr. Topol talks about his text, The Creative Destruction of Medicine.
- Actress Gina TorresActress Gina Torres
The stage, film and TV actress catches us up on her latest projects, including the legal drama, Suits, on the USA Network.
- Writer Paul ToughWriter Paul Tough
Tough challenges the belief that intelligence is the sole indicator of value in the education system.
- Salon.com Rebecca TraisterSalon.com Rebecca Traister
Big Girls Don’t Cry author describes how the ’08 presidential election cycle changed the way we think of women in power.
- Writer David TreuerWriter David Treuer
The college professor-novelist explains his latest text—his first full-length nonfiction work—Rez Life, and how growing up on the margins of a reservation was a metaphor for his life.
- Donna Summer TributeDonna Summer Tribute
In a tribute to the “Queen of Disco,” Tavis looks at the legacy of the five-time Grammy winner and one of the most popular artists of the disco era.
- Etta James TributeEtta James Tribute
Tavis devotes tonight’s show to the legacy of the three-time Grammy-winning blues matriarch.
- Jerry Leiber TributeJerry Leiber Tribute
Tavis pays tribute to the legendary lyricist who is described by the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as one of the “defining creators in mid-century pop music culture.”
- Larry Hagman TributeLarry Hagman Tribute
Tavis pays tribute to the iconic Dallas star with a look back at his memorable appearance on the show in 2008.
- Laura Ziskin TributeLaura Ziskin Tribute
Tavis pays tribute to the pioneering Hollywood producer and cancer awareness advocate.
- Actress Lynn Redgrave TributeActress Lynn Redgrave Tribute
Tavis pays tribute to a member of acting royalty.
- Historian Dr. Manning Marable TributeHistorian Dr. Manning Marable Tribute
Tavis pays tribute to the celebrated historian, who passed away on the eve of the release of what’s been called his ‘crowning achievement’—the biography of Malcolm X.
- Michael Clarke Duncan TributeMichael Clarke Duncan Tribute
Tavis pays tribute to the Oscar-nominated actor, often called the “gentle giant.”
- Nelson Mandela TributeNelson Mandela Tribute
In a tribute to Nelson Mandela, Tavis talks with activist-entertainer Harry Belafonte, Rep. Maxine Waters and talk show host Larry King, all of whose paths crossed with this extraordinary man, and also shares a personal memory of the then-ANC deputy president’s 1990 visit to Los Angeles.