- Author-filmmaker Ayaan Hirsi AliAuthor-filmmaker Ayaan Hirsi Ali
Somalian-born writer and former Dutch Parliament member explains political versus spiritual Islam and reflects on whether her advocacy is worth putting herself in danger.
- NBC News David GregoryNBC News David Gregory
Journalist assesses the immigration debate in an election year and offers his thoughts on protecting the Meet the Press brand.
- Musicians Nas; Damian MarleyMusicians Nas; Damian Marley
Musicians reflect on what they found in each other’s work that led to their collaborative CD.
- Actor Dennis QuaidActor Dennis Quaid
Golden Globe-nominated actor explains his preparation for portraying former President Clinton in his new HBO film.
- Actor Michael DouglasActor Michael Douglas
Oscar-winning actor-producer talks about getting older in Hollywood, whether there’s an advantage to being a second generation star, his new films and weighs in on the state of the union.
- Actor-comedian Garry ShandlingActor-comedian Garry Shandling
Actor-comedian discusses his first writing job, switching to stand-up and his role in the blockbuster film, Iron Man 2.
- Political blogger Chris CillizzaPolitical blogger Chris Cillizza
The Washington Post‘s political blogger breaks down the results of the week’s primary elections.
- Jazz musician Trombone ShortyJazz musician Trombone Shorty
Jazz musician discusses the influence of playing with rocker Lenny Kravitz, how he got his nickname and his major label debut.
- Actor-writer-director Damon WayansActor-writer-director Damon Wayans
Actor-comedian describes how he pulled himself out of his midlife crisis and talks about the 20th anniversary of In Living Color, turning 50, being a grandparent and writing female characters—which he does in his debut novel.
- Musician Arturo SandovalMusician Arturo Sandoval
Legendary jazz artist explains his move to Los Angeles after living in Miami for 20 years.
- Science writer Rebecca SklootScience writer Rebecca Skloot
Science writer describes the backstory of her book The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks and discusses lessons learned from her research for it.
- Actress Pam GrierActress Pam Grier
Grier shares stories from her new memoir, Foxy: My Life in Three Acts, including her transition from singing to acting and how she gained the confidence to be successful.
- Economics professor Nouriel RoubiniEconomics professor Nouriel Roubini
Economics professor and author of Crisis Economics comments on the financial services industry’s fight against reform.
- Author Isabel AllendeAuthor Isabel Allende
Best-selling author tells Tavis why she takes the reader from Haiti to New Orleans in her new novel, Island Beneath the Sea.
- Pima County, AZ sheriff Sheriff Clarence DupnikPima County, AZ sheriff Sheriff Clarence Dupnik
Pima County, Arizona sheriff talks about border security and his state’s controversial new law targeting illegal immigrants.