- Musician Arturo SandovalMusician Arturo Sandoval
Legendary jazz artist explains his move to Los Angeles after living in Miami for 20 years.
- Science writer Rebecca SklootScience writer Rebecca Skloot
Science writer describes the backstory of her book The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks and discusses lessons learned from her research for it.
- Actress Pam GrierActress Pam Grier
Grier shares stories from her new memoir, Foxy: My Life in Three Acts, including her transition from singing to acting and how she gained the confidence to be successful.
- Economics professor Nouriel RoubiniEconomics professor Nouriel Roubini
Economics professor and author of Crisis Economics comments on the financial services industry’s fight against reform.
- Author Isabel AllendeAuthor Isabel Allende
Best-selling author tells Tavis why she takes the reader from Haiti to New Orleans in her new novel, Island Beneath the Sea.
- Pima County, AZ sheriff Sheriff Clarence DupnikPima County, AZ sheriff Sheriff Clarence Dupnik
Pima County, Arizona sheriff talks about border security and his state’s controversial new law targeting illegal immigrants.
- Human rights advocate Mavis LenoHuman rights advocate Mavis Leno
Chair of the Feminist Majority Foundation’s Campaign to Help Afghan Women and Girls explains the connection between the Taliban and women in Afghanistan.
- Republican – IN Sen. Richard LugarRepublican – IN Sen. Richard Lugar
Indiana senator weighs in on Solicitor General Kagan’s nomination to the Supreme Court and discusses Afghanistan President Karzai’s visit to the U.S. this week.
- Author Donald MillerAuthor Donald Miller
Father Fiction explains the fatherless generation and his coming to terms with his own experience.
- Actor Richard DreyfussActor Richard Dreyfuss
Oscar-winning actor explains the impact of his profession on his activism and discusses his new film, The Lightkeepers, as a metaphor for the U.S.
- The Temptations Otis Williams; Terry WeeksThe Temptations Otis Williams; Terry Weeks
Members of the legendary Temptations reflect on how their music still connects with their audience and talk about their new CD, ‘Still Here.’
- Author Alice WalkerAuthor Alice Walker
Pulitzer Prize-winning author describes the value of good conversation and reads her poem “The World Has Changed.”
- Journalist Ceci ConnollyJournalist Ceci Connolly
Journalist, and one of the contributors to the book Landmark, explains some of the behind-the-scenes wrangling that resulted in the passage of healthcare legislation.
- Actress Dana DelanyActress Dana Delany
Actress dishes about the recent Correspondents Dinner and talks about her film, Multiple Sarcasms.
- Actor Jonathan Rhys MeyersActor Jonathan Rhys Meyers
The Tudors star discusses his role on the Showtime series.