- Hip-hop artist NasHip-hop artist Nas
The hip-hop visionary talks about his successful career and the 20th anniversary of the release of his landmark album, “Illmatic.”
- Actor-environmentalist Ian SomerhalderActor-environmentalist Ian Somerhalder
In his on-air conversation, the tireless advocate for positive social change and U.N. Goodwill Ambassador explains his passion for protecting the environment.
In our web exclusive clip, Somerhalder answers viewer Twitter questions, including about the work of his foundation.
- Economist Joseph StiglitzEconomist Joseph Stiglitz
The Nobel laureate offers his observations about the effects of inequality on economic growth and development and what can be done.
- Actor-playwright Daniel BeatyActor-playwright Daniel Beaty
The multifaceted performer unpacks his memoir, in which he shares how he overcame growing up in a household impacted by addiction and incarceration.
- Professor Robert EnglishProfessor Robert English
A scholar of Russia, the former USSR and Eastern Europe, Professor English weighs in on the latest developments in the continuing crisis in Ukraine.
- Author Philip YanceyAuthor Philip Yancey
Christianity Today‘s editor-at-large describes his new text, The Question That Never Goes Away, in which he shares how to face challenges to faith.
- Scientist Ken CaldeiraScientist Ken Caldeira
As we approach Earth Day 2014, one of the leading U.S. scientists on global warming weighs in on the climate change debate.
- Writer Jackie CollinsWriter Jackie Collins
The über-successful writer reflects on her longevity as a novelist and previews her seventh book featuring the popular Lucky Santangelo character.
- Actress Tatiana MaslanyActress Tatiana Maslany
The Orphan Black star, who Variety named to its 2013 list of “10 actors to watch,” talks about the buzz surrounding her hit BBC America show.
- Pixar co-founder Ed CatmullPixar co-founder Ed Catmull
The Oscar-winning co-founder of Pixar and president of Disney Animation recounts lessons learned about creativity in his successful career.
- Singer-songwriter Rosanne CashSinger-songwriter Rosanne Cash
Cash explains why her latest effort, “The River & The Thread,” is a marked departure from her earlier work.
- Filmmaker Ken BurnsFilmmaker Ken Burns
One of the most acclaimed documentarians in the business, Burns discusses his latest film, which unlocks the importance of President Lincoln’s Gettysburg Address.
- Drummer-composer Stewart CopelandDrummer-composer Stewart Copeland
The renowned rocker—who describes himself as the progeny in equal measure of Stravinsky and Hendrix—imparts his unique wisdom on resisting pigeonholing.
- Composer-musician-vocalist Hafez NazeriComposer-musician-vocalist Hafez Nazeri
The young Iranian-born composer, multi-instrumentalist and vocalist talks about his pioneering and innovative music.
- Sociologist Katherine NewmanSociologist Katherine Newman
Twenty years after the fall of apartheid and the first free elections in South Africa, Newman takes a look at the country today and discusses her text, After Freedom.