- Novelist Ken FollettNovelist Ken Follett
Wales-born novelist talks about his new book, Fall of Giants, exec producing the feature film White Wedding and U.K. politics.
- Musician John MellencampMusician John Mellencamp
Grammy-winning Rock and Roll Hall of Famer discusses his new album and the 25th anniversary of Farm Aid.
- Tennis star Venus WilliamsTennis star Venus Williams
Tennis superstar talks about her new book on harnessing your competitive spirit, Come to Win.
- Author Paul GreenbergAuthor Paul Greenberg
Award-winning writer talks about his latest book, Four Fish: The Future of the Last Wild Food<.em>.
- Counterterrorist expert David KilcullenCounterterrorist expert David Kilcullen
Tavis talks with counterinsurgency specialist and one of the architects of the U.S. surge in Iraq.
- Former U.S. senator Sam NunnFormer U.S. senator Sam Nunn
Tavis: Sam Nunn is a former U.S. senator from Georgia who now serves as the co-chair and CEO of the Nuclear Threat Initiative, a nonprofit designed to reduce threats from nuclear weapons. He joins us tonight from New York. Senator Nunn, good to have you back on the program, sir. n Sam Nunn: Thank you, [...]
- Actor-director LeVar BurtonActor-director LeVar Burton
Tavis chats with actor-director LeVar Burton, former Roots and Star Trek star, now co-starring in NBC’s The Jensen Project.
- N.O. Saints coach Sean PaytonN.O. Saints coach Sean Payton
Head coach of the Super Bowl champion New Orleans Saints shares how he gets his players beyond distractions and to buy into the vision that ‘it’s not just about football.’
- Journalist John YearwoodJournalist John Yearwood
Tavis: Tonight, though, we will begin our conversation about the ongoing struggles in Haiti six months later. The earthquake, of course, ravaged that Caribbean nation then. No one has done more coverage on the story since then than “The Miami Herald.” John Yearwood has been directing that coverage as world editor for the paper and [...]
- Actress Kelli WilliamsActress Kelli Williams
Tavis: Kelli Williams is a talented actress who starred for several seasons on the award-winning drama “The Practice.” She now stars alongside Tim Roth in the Fox series “Lie to Me.” The show airs Monday nights at 8:00. Here now, a scene from “Lie to Me.” [Clip] Tavis: Pretty intense. Kelli Williams: That was crazy [...]
- Singer-songwriter Bettye LaVetteSinger-songwriter Bettye LaVette
Grammy-nominated soul singer-songwriter reflects on how people are discovering her, after all of her years in the business, and explains why she’s not bitter.
- MALDEF Thomas SaenzMALDEF Thomas Saenz
Civil rights veteran and president and general counsel of the Mexican American Legal Defense and Education Fund, explains the constitutional battle between the federal government and the state of Arizona over immigration.
- Actor Joe MortonActor Joe Morton
Morton describes the storyline of his new series, Syfy’s Eureka.
- Democrat – CA Rep. Henry WaxmanDemocrat – CA Rep. Henry Waxman
House Energy Committee chair discusses energy reform after the BP oil spill and the role American citizens play in the problem.
- Actor Robert David HallActor Robert David Hall
CSI star tells the backstory of his passionate advocacy for people with disabilities and talks about achieving his lifelong dream—as a singer-songwriter-guitarist—with his new CD.