- Democrat – MD Rep. Chris Van HollenDemocrat – MD Rep. Chris Van Hollen
Maryland congressman, the Ranking Member on the House Budget Committee, discusses the federal budget impasse and efforts to reach a compromise.
- Musician-actor Steven Van ZandtMusician-actor Steven Van Zandt
The musician-actor and writer, exec producer and star of Lilyhammer shares how his series became the first original show on Netflix.
- Author Iyanla VanzantAuthor Iyanla Vanzant
Motivational speaker shares the painful stories of losing her daughter to a rare form of colon cancer and her grandmother’s mental illness.
- TV show host Iyanla VanzantTV show host Iyanla Vanzant
The inspirational speaker discusses her new role as host of the TV show, Iyanla, Fix My Life.
- L.A. Mayor Antonio VillaraigosaL.A. Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa
Los Angeles mayor and U.S. Conference of Mayors president discusses his city’s reliance on cars and explains why he feels the national immigration debate is wrongheaded.
- Actresses Viola Davis & Octavia SpencerActresses Viola Davis & Octavia Spencer
The Oscar-nominated actresses passionately discuss their roles in The Help and have a spirited debate about the ambivalence many people have regarding their roles in the film.
- “Vision for a New America” – Panel discussion, Part 1“Vision for a New America” – Panel discussion, Part 1
In part 1 of our special four-night series, Tavis moderates a panel of opinion-makers focusing on the crippling issue of poverty in America.
- “Vision for a New America” – Panel discussion, Part 2“Vision for a New America” – Panel discussion, Part 2
The discussion continues with some of the country’s most prominent thinkers and advocates addressing the notion of making poor people a priority in America.
- “Vision for a New America” – Panel discussion, Part 3“Vision for a New America” – Panel discussion, Part 3
We continue our broadcast of a special event from Washington—a conversation about one of the most important, but often-forgotten issues of our time: poverty in the U.S.
- “Vision for a New America” – Panel discussion, Part 4“Vision for a New America” – Panel discussion, Part 4
We wrap the broadcast of our panel discussion on solutions that are—and are not—working in the war on poverty.
- Author Sarah VowellAuthor Sarah Vowell
Unfamiliar Fishes author discusses the annexations of Hawaii, Puerto Rico and Guam and explains why the summer of 1898 is when the U.S. really became a superpower.
- Chideo CEO Todd WagnerChideo CEO Todd Wagner
The visionary entrepreneur shares how his new digital platform, Chideo, works to change the world for the better.
- Singer-songwriter Rufus WainwrightSinger-songwriter Rufus Wainwright
Singer-songwriter talks about his new CD, ‘All Days Are Nights: Songs for Lulu’ and performs the track, ‘A Woman’s Face.’
- Journalist Amy WaldmanJournalist Amy Waldman
Waldman discusses her debut novel The Submission, which is receiving rave reviews, and shares why she feels fiction is the best place to deal with post-9/11 perceptions of Muslims.
- Author Alice WalkerAuthor Alice Walker
Pulitzer Prize-winning author describes the value of good conversation and reads her poem “The World Has Changed.”