- Actor Dennis QuaidActor Dennis Quaid
Golden Globe-nominated actor explains his preparation for portraying former President Clinton in his new HBO film.
- Actor Michael DouglasActor Michael Douglas
Oscar-winning actor-producer talks about getting older in Hollywood, whether there’s an advantage to being a second generation star, his new films and weighs in on the state of the union.
- Actor-comedian Garry ShandlingActor-comedian Garry Shandling
Actor-comedian discusses his first writing job, switching to stand-up and his role in the blockbuster film, Iron Man 2.
- Political blogger Chris CillizzaPolitical blogger Chris Cillizza
The Washington Post‘s political blogger breaks down the results of the week’s primary elections.
- Jazz musician Trombone ShortyJazz musician Trombone Shorty
Jazz musician discusses the influence of playing with rocker Lenny Kravitz, how he got his nickname and his major label debut.
- Actor-writer-director Damon WayansActor-writer-director Damon Wayans
Actor-comedian describes how he pulled himself out of his midlife crisis and talks about the 20th anniversary of In Living Color, turning 50, being a grandparent and writing female characters—which he does in his debut novel.
- Musician Arturo SandovalMusician Arturo Sandoval
Legendary jazz artist explains his move to Los Angeles after living in Miami for 20 years.
- Science writer Rebecca SklootScience writer Rebecca Skloot
Science writer describes the backstory of her book The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks and discusses lessons learned from her research for it.
- Actress Pam GrierActress Pam Grier
Grier shares stories from her new memoir, Foxy: My Life in Three Acts, including her transition from singing to acting and how she gained the confidence to be successful.
- Economics professor Nouriel RoubiniEconomics professor Nouriel Roubini
Economics professor and author of Crisis Economics comments on the financial services industry’s fight against reform.
- Author Isabel AllendeAuthor Isabel Allende
Best-selling author tells Tavis why she takes the reader from Haiti to New Orleans in her new novel, Island Beneath the Sea.
- Pima County, AZ sheriff Sheriff Clarence DupnikPima County, AZ sheriff Sheriff Clarence Dupnik
Pima County, Arizona sheriff talks about border security and his state’s controversial new law targeting illegal immigrants.
- Human rights advocate Mavis LenoHuman rights advocate Mavis Leno
Chair of the Feminist Majority Foundation’s Campaign to Help Afghan Women and Girls explains the connection between the Taliban and women in Afghanistan.
- Republican – IN Sen. Richard LugarRepublican – IN Sen. Richard Lugar
Indiana senator weighs in on Solicitor General Kagan’s nomination to the Supreme Court and discusses Afghanistan President Karzai’s visit to the U.S. this week.
- Author Donald MillerAuthor Donald Miller
Father Fiction explains the fatherless generation and his coming to terms with his own experience.