- Actor-producer Andy GarciaActor-producer Andy Garcia
Garcia shares the backstory of his latest film, the environmental thriller A Dark Truth, which he also co-exec-produced.
- Singer-songwriter Alicia KeysSinger-songwriter Alicia Keys
The multiple Grammy winner talks about her new CD, “Girl on Fire.”
- Nobel laureate Wole SoyinkaNobel laureate Wole Soyinka
The noted Nigerian writer responds to negative stereotypes about his home continent—the motivation for his latest text, Of Africa.
- Author Nassim Nicholas TalebAuthor Nassim Nicholas Taleb
The renowned political and financial thinker explains his argument that chaos should be embraced—the position he takes in his new text, Antifragile.
- Singer-songwriter Aimee MannSinger-songwriter Aimee Mann
The Grammy winner talks about her new project, “Charmer”—her first CD in four years.
- Singer-songwriter Bettye LaVetteSinger-songwriter Bettye LaVette
The R&B songstress reflects on her memoir, A Woman Like Me, and her new CD, “Thankful N’ Thoughtful.”
- The California Endowment president Dr. Robert K. RossThe California Endowment president Dr. Robert K. Ross
Dr. Ross, a longtime advocate for children’s health, weighs in on healthcare issues in the U.S., particularly for boys and young men of color.
- Filmmaker Peter RamseyFilmmaker Peter Ramsey
The Rise of the Guardians director explains how he became a pioneer in the movie business.
- Actor Anthony AndersonActor Anthony Anderson
The actor-comedian talks about his role in NBC’s freshman sitcom, Guys with Kids.
- Larry Hagman TributeLarry Hagman Tribute
Tavis pays tribute to the iconic Dallas star with a look back at his memorable appearance on the show in 2008.
- Radio talk show host Larry ElderRadio talk show host Larry Elder
Elder discusses the impact his dad had on his life, as detailed in the memoir, Dear Father, Dear Son.
- President of Blue Note Records Don WasPresident of Blue Note Records Don Was
The musician, Grammy-winning producer and label exec shares the future he sees for Blue Note Records.
- Philanthropists Bernard and Shirley KinseyPhilanthropists Bernard and Shirley Kinsey
The L.A.-based couple explain how “The Kinsey Collection” explores the intersection of art and history.
- Indiana University SPEA Dean John D. GrahamIndiana University SPEA Dean John D. Graham
Dr. Graham assesses the potential well-being of the working poor, the near poor and the new poor in an economic recovery.
- Writer Paul ToughWriter Paul Tough
Tough challenges the belief that intelligence is the sole indicator of value in the education system.