Tavis caught up with a few of the 2010 Abreu Fellows at Boston’s New England Conservatory to get their thoughts on why it is so important to learn an instrument and to continue playing it into adulthood.
Book Tout (dont edit this unless you’re a super admin)
- What I Learned from My Abreu Fellowship
- Young Musicians Talk Instruments
- El Sistema: From Venezuela to the United States
- The Consequences of Curtailing Music Education
- Why Learning an Instrument Is Important
- Being the Parent of a Young Musician
- Following the Music
- Youth Orchestra Member Dreams of Becoming a Conductor
- What Does a Conductor Do?
- Dudamel on Classical Music
- Tavis’ Video Blog
“...it's his ambition to expose, educate and empower America's children to his world of classical music that will perhaps cement the imprint of his musical legacy.” Tavis Smiley