WOMEN WAR & PEACE | PBS

Behind the Scenes with Geena Davis

September 26, 2011

Geena Davis, narrator of War Redefined, says that in today’s wars, it can be more dangerous to be a woman than a soldier.

Producer/Editor: Lauren Feeney; Camera: Nancy Schreiber; Sound: J.E. Jack

Comments

1. susana says:

War is horrendous for everyone, and especially for women and children.

2. Ralph Augenfeld says:

A great subject at a great time; we have seen too little and therefore don’t understand the ” human collateral” of war for women up close & real. I’m sure you did a great job, Peter, as the news media relegates the subject to an occasional op-ed or filler piece and we have become too jaded to realize the horrors of War especially from women’s point of view. Let’s remember that women don’t start wars! Best of luck….

3. "Earth Warrior" says:

We women do not start wars, but now we will bring about Peace! with Love.

4. pat Leavenworth says:

Thank you for this important series! Women need to be given equal rights everywhere. Let us not forget that it has not been long in the course of history that women in the US meant nothing just like the women we see in these horrific sagas. A good portion of the men in this world have learned to see that their heritage grows best with the women empowered. So there is hope but we have to have a healthy environment and strong sustainable communities along with women’s rights. And, all have to have their boats lifted.

5. kim blacklock says:

H. G. Fairfield Arts Center is proud to be a Partner in supporting this weekend’s 2nd Annual Athena Film Festival on the campus of Barnard College. One of the 30 films featured will be “Women, War, & Peace: War Redefined.” Go to http://www.athenafilmfestival.com for schedule of festival events, screenings, & free workshops 9-12 Feb 2012 in New York City.

6. Makeda Kogan says:

I want to express some thanks to this writer for rescuing me from such a situation Because of looking out through the world wide web and obtaining principles that were not productive, I figured my life was done Being alive without the presence of approaches to the issues you’ve solved by way of your main article is a crucial case, and ones which may have in a negative way affected my career if I had not come across your website Your actual natural talent and kindness in taking care of every item was precious I am not sure what I would have done if I hadn’t encountered such a stuff like this I am able to now look ahead to my future Thanks for your time so much for the expert and effective help I will not be reluctant to endorse your site to any person who should have direction on this situation.

podcast twitter facebook