The Boiler Room welcomes a new manager, much to Ben’s delight. A family reunion brings out long-lost relatives, the warmth of fellowship, and an impressive spread of home-cooked casseroles.
Vivian’s Cooking Demo
Vivian’s Featured Recipe
Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole
- 1 (10 3⁄4-oz.) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (16-oz.) container sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup fresh peas 3⁄4 cup chopped carrots
- 3 tsp. poppy seeds
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 31 round buttery crackers, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly grease an 11- x 7-inch baking dish.
- Stir together first 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Stir in chicken. Pour into baking dish.
- Toss together cracker crumbs and butter. Sprinkle over chicken mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 35 to 40 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Tips/TechniquesExcerpted from The Southern Living Community Cookbook: Celebrating Food & Fellowship in the American South by Sheri Castle. Copyright © 2014 Time Inc. Books. Reprinted with permission from Oxmoor House, an imprint of Time Inc. Books. All rights reserved.
Yield: Makes 6 servings
Vivian visits her friend Nancy for a surprisingly comforting combination of homemade pickles, chicken salad, and chocolate cake. Ben and Vivian audition a new chef to offer Ben some relief and much-needed time to focus on his art. Premiered September 26. Check local listings. Continue
Matt from Crooked Fence Produce shows Vivian how to make “the best pickled beets she ever ate.” Vivian incorporates beets into an unconventional chocolate cake in honor of Ms. Marys 89th birthday party. Theres no telling how Ms. Lillie will respond. Premiered October 10. Check local listings. Continue