Watch a Preview
Join Martha as she shares four mouthwatering recipes that are sure to be a hit at your next bake sale. Peanut butter and jelly bars inspired by everyones favorite childhood combination and a decadent brownie with a surprise ingredient. Plus the best pecan bars with an indulgent toffee-like topping and a healthy fruit and nut energy bar.
Watch This Week’s Baking Tip
Martha Stewart uses parchment paper to easily remove the contents out of the pan.
This Week’s Recipe
Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars
This peanut butter and jelly bars recipe appears in the "Bar Cookies" episode of Martha Bakes.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for pan
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for pan
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups smooth peanut butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups strawberry jam (or any flavor)
- 2/3 cup salted peanuts, roughly chopped
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9-by-13-inch pan with butter, and line the bottom with parchment paper. Grease the parchment, and coat inside of pan with flour; set aside. Place butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Beat on medium-high speed until fluffy, about 2 minutes. On medium speed, add eggs and peanut butter; beat until combined, about 2 minutes.
- Whisk together salt, baking powder, and flour. Add to bowl of mixer on low speed; combine. Add vanilla. Transfer two-thirds of mixture to prepared pan; spread evenly with offset spatula. Using offset spatula, spread jam on top of peanut-butter mixture. Dollop remaining third of peanut-butter mixture on top of jam. Sprinkle with peanuts.
- Bake until golden, about 45 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool; cut into about 36 1 1/2-by-2-inch pieces.
Yield: About 3 dozen bars
Additional recipes and video clips from the episode are available on MarthaStewart.com: