Watch a Preview
Learn to make the perfect cookie for every occasion. Next from Martha Bakes, four fantastic cookiesfruit-and-nut filled giant kitchen sink cookies, vanilla sugar cookie sorbet sandwiches, and maple-pecan shortbread squaresall so good youll never buy store-bought again. Plus, the most decadent double-chocolate sandwich cookies. Can we ever have enough cookies?
This Week’s Recipe
Make Martha Stewart's Sorbet Sandwiches recipe from the Never Enough Cookies episode of Martha Bakes.
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 vanilla bean, halved and scraped
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 5 cups (2 1/2 pints) sorbet
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, with racks in upper and lower thirds. Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and sugar on medium-high until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes; scrape down bowl as needed. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add both vanillas and beat to combine. Add flour mixture and mix to combine.
- Using a 1 1/2-inch ice cream scoop, drop dough onto parchment-lined baking sheets, spacing 2 inches apart. Bake until edges are lightly golden, 12 to 14 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool. Allow baking sheets to cool and repeat process with remaining dough.
- Scoop 1/4 cup sorbet onto the flat sides of half the cookies; sandwich together with remaining cookies. Serve immediately, or wrap in waxed paper and freeze on a baking sheet until firm, up to 1 day.
Yield: 20 sandwiches
Additional recipes and video clips from the episode are available on MarthaStewart.com:
- Giant Kitchen Sink Cookies
- Maple Pecan Shortbread Squares
- Double Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
- Chocolate Filling Sandwich Cookies