Watch a Preview
When fruit is at its peak nothing beats an old fashioned fruit dessert. In this premiere episode, Martha creates four of her favorites: peach cobbler, blueberry crisp, blackberry buckle and pear brown betty. Theyre all delicious and easy to prepare.
Watch This Week’s Baking Tip
Martha demonstrates how using a spoon is the best way to peel ginger.
This Week’s Recipe
Try Martha Stewart's blueberry crisp recipe from the "Old-Fashioned Fruit Desserts" episode of Martha Bakes.
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled, plus more for baking dish
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Butter a 9-inch round baking dish; set aside.
- Combine the flour, sugar, and cinnamon in a bowl; blend in the butter with a pastry cutter or your fingers until the mixture is crumbly.
- Place the blueberries in the prepared baking dish and sprinkle the crumb mixture over them. Bake 30 to 35 minutes. Serve with ice cream, if desired.
Yield: 4 servings
Additional recipes and video clips from the episode are available on MarthaStewart.com: