Watch a Preview
Learn everything you need to know about pie baking as Martha shares the secrets to three of her favorites. A delectable peach crumble pie thats perfect for entertaining and a classic key lime pie with a simple-to-make crumb crust, and a four ingredient filling. Plus, a show-stopping coconut cream pie thats billowing with whipped cream.
Watch This Week’s Baking Tip
Martha Stewart moves pie crust to baking dish by rolling it on to the pin, then refrigerates for 3 minutes to chill before crimping.
This Week’s Recipe
Peach Crumble Pie
This peach crumble pie recipe appears in the "Pies" episode of Martha Bakes.
- For the Crust:
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled), plus more for rolling
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- For the Filling:
- 3 pounds peaches, halved, pitted, and cut into 1/2-inch slices (8 cups)
- 2 tablespoons light-brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- For the Crumble:
- 2/3 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 2/3 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- Make crust: In a food processor, pulse flour, salt, and granulated sugar until combined. Add butter; pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal, with a few pea-size pieces of butter remaining. Sprinkle with 6 tablespoons ice water. Pulse until dough is crumbly but holds together when squeezed (if necessary, add up to 2 tablespoons ice water, 1 tablespoon at a time); do not overmix. Form two disks with dough, wrap tightly in plastic, and refrigerate until firm, at least 1 hour (or up to overnight).
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees with rack in the bottom of the oven. Lightly flour a rolling pin and work surface and roll out one disk of dough to a 12-inch round. Reserve remaining dough for another use. Place in a 9-inch pie plate and trim with kitchen scissors. Fold overhang under, and crimp edges. Transfer to refrigerator while making filling. Make filling: In a large bowl, toss together peaches, brown sugar, and flour until combined. Make crumble: In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, and oats; using your hands or a pastry cutter, work in butter until large clumps form.
- Transfer peach filling to pie shell, then sprinkle crumble evenly over top. Place pie on a rimmed baking sheet and bake until juices are bubbling and topping is golden, 1 hour 30 minutes to 1 hour 45 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack 1 1/2 hours before serving.
Yield: 8 servings
Additional recipes and video clips from the episode are available on MarthaStewart.com: