In every episode of Martha Stewarts Cooking School, learn cooking fundamentals following Marthas signature step-by-step, how-to teaching process. Be sure to check your local listings to see when this episode will be airing in your area.
Watch a Preview
In this episode, Martha offers a primer on lamb, sharing recipes and techniques for using different cutsbutterflied, rolled and roasted Leg of Lamb; Lamb Tagine; Lamb Kebabs and seared loin Lamb Chops.
Watch This Week’s Cooking Lesson
Martha Stewart prepares lamb loin chops with fried potatoes.
This Week’s Recipe
Curry Yogurt-Marinated Lamb Kebabs
- 2 pounds boneless leg of lamb, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 large zucchini, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 large summer squash, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup whole milk yogurt, preferably Greek-style
- Zest and juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons finely minced onion
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh mint leaves
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Place lamb, zucchini, and summer squash in a large shallow baking dish or re-sealable plastic bag. In a medium bowl, stir together yogurt, lime zest and juice, honey, curry powder, coriander, onion, and mint. Season with salt and pepper. Pour marinade over lamb mixture; toss to coat. Let marinate, covered, in refrigerator at least 6 hours and up to 24. Soak skewers in water.
- Thread skewers with lamb, others with zucchini, and others with summer squash; discard marinade. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a grill pan to medium-high and grill lamb skewers until cooked to medium, about 4 minutes each side, and zucchini and squash skewers, turning frequently, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from grill and serve immediately.
Yield: 4-6 servings
For more of Martha Stewart’s Cooking School, visit MarthaStewart.com including: