In this hour-long Lidia Celebrates America, Lidia travels from big cities to small pockets of rural America, both in person and virtually, to share the inspiring stories of a diverse group of resilient Americans who have overcome extraordinary odds in their own lives, found purpose in serving their communities, and turned their loss into inspiring accomplishments.
- A Restaurant without Barriers Meet Yannick Benjamin, who was paralyzed in a car accident, and is not only determined to make a difference in the restaurant and wine business, but has made tremendous progress in achieving these goals. Continue
- A Simple Wish for a Former Foster Child Kristen Thomas aged out of the foster care system and had a wish granted to her through the non-profit ‘One Simple Wish’. See how she ended up cooking with Lidia, and hear more of Kristen’s story.Continue
- Losing ‘Home’ Learn more about the story of Maria and Marco Peña, whose home was destroyed by the devastating flood waters associated with Hurricane Harvey, in 2017.Continue
- Advocating for Justice Convicted of a crime he didn’t commit, Jarrett Adams served nearly 10 years before being exonerated. Since getting out of prison his journey has been nothing short of inspiring. Continue
- An Oasis in New York City How did a deserted lot in Harlem become a thriving oasis, a safe-haven for under-served youth, a science classroom, and a springboard for more urban farms? Continue
- The Grand Celebration: Overcoming The Odds View a gallery of photos and video that show Lidia preparing for, and enjoying, the celebratory meal for her special Overcoming The Odds. Continue