Vegans can enjoy a relaxing picnic with Laura Theodore's multi-course menu for vegans like this minty-fresh lemonade recipe.
- 2 lemons, freshly squeezed
- 2 to 3 tablespoons maple syrup, plus more as needed
- 16 to 20 ounces spring or filtered water
- 12 to 14 large ice cubes
- Several large sprigs fresh spearmint or peppermint
- Put the lemon juice and maple syrup in a pitcher and stir vigorously to combine.
- Slowly pour the water into the pitcher, while stirring constantly. Taste and add more maple syrup, if desired.
- Add 6 (or more) ice cubes to the pitcher. Stir well. Tuck 3 to 4 large fresh mint sprigs into the pitcher. Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes to let the mint become infused in the lemonade.
- Put several ice cubes into three to four tall glasses. Divide the lemonade into the glasses. Tuck a small mint sprig into each glass, leaving an inch of mint peeking out at the top. Serve at once.
Tips/TechniquesFor a portable picnic option, before add the ice cubes, pour the lemonade into a large thermos and pack it into your basket. Continue as directed for serving at your picnic destination!
Yield: 3-4 servings