Broccoli rabe and sausage seem like a match made in heaven.
They go well together especially with a short pasta like ziti. When cooked with pasta, the broccoli and sausage pieces get into the crevices of the noodle and it is so good. The crunchy broccoli is beautifully offset by the richness of the sausage.
Broccoli rabe is a favorite of mine — full of vitamins and delicate in flavor. And it’s just stunning when presented on the plate. A favorite of Italians and Americans alike.
Ziti with Broccoli Rabe and SausageYield Serves 4 Ingredients
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 large cloves garlic, crushed and peeled
- ¼ teaspoon salt, plus 1 tablespoon for the pasta water
- 1 pound ziti
- ½ pound sweet Italian sausage, meat removed from casings and crumbled
- 2 pounds broccoli rabe, cleaned and cut
- ¼ teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- ½ cup grated Grana Padano or Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese