One of my favorite soup recipes is this one I made a few years ago that I titled Chorizo-Spiced Squash Soup. It is vegetarian, with not a lick of actual chorizo, and instead plays off the borrowed spices used in chorizo. I was obsessed with turning everything chorizo-spiced but for some reason it never hit me to put it on cauliflower and then in tacos until a few days ago when I was brainstorming ideas for taco month!
The fusion of spices tossed in cauliflower creates a light and delightful taste for tacos. If you want to make the tacos vegan, simply swap to vegan tortillas (sometimes lard is used but its not super common in supermarket tortillas), and skip the cheese.
These are a super quick weeknight meal, too. They come together very easily and are pretty hands off. Make it like a buffet style and theres very little assembly required!
Chorizo-Spiced Cauliflower Tacos
- Chorizo-Spiced Cauliflower:
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoon Ancho chile powder
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne
- Teeny pinch of ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- For Assembly:
- Corn or flour tortillas
- Handful of fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 lime
- Sliced radishes
- Sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. On a parchment lined baking sheet, lay out the cauliflower. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, chile powder, cumin, oregano, coriander, cayenne, cloves and salt. Pour it over the cauliflower and toss together. Transfer to the oven to roast for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- To assemble, add a few spoonful to warmed tortillas and top with cilantro leaves, a squeeze of lime, sliced radishes, sour cream and cubed avocado. Serve immediately!
Yield: Serves 4
Adrianna Adarme is a food blogger and author living in Los Angeles, California. She writes the blog A Cozy Kitchen, where she shares comforting, everyday recipes from her kitchen. She recently authored her first cookbook, PANCAKES: 72 Sweet and Savory Recipes for the Perfect Stack. She’s a lover of breakfast, pie (and sometimes even pie for breakfast), corgis and cute things. You can find her on Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook.