I know that I should probably be providing a cookie recipe but I really want to give you a recipe that is a solid weeknight winter meal. This is something I make ALL THE TIME. Because it’s simple and dependable and so delicious.
It feeds four people but I make it for my husband and myself and adore the leftovers it provides. The tahini parsley sauce lasts a full week and it is SO good. I put it on everything: eggs, a sandwich, fish and chicken.
The potatoes make it super filling and warming. The olives are a nice briny touch. And the lemon brightens it right up!
Sheet Pan Chicken with Tahini-Parsley Sauce
- Tahini-Lemon Sauce:
- 1/4 cup tahini
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 bunch Italian parsley
- Sheet Pan Chicken:
- 1 pound small potatoes
- 1/2 cup green olives
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 1 1/2 pound of chicken ( a mix of thighs, breasts and drumsticks)
- Italian parsley, as garnish
- Lemon slices, as garnish
- To Make the Tahini-Lemon Sauce: In a food processor, add the tahini, lemon juice, garlic cloves and a few pinches of salt. Pulse until very smooth. Add the Italian parsley and run the food processor until the parsley is minced. With the mixer running, pour in a 2 to 3 tablespoons of warm water. Continue running the mixer until very smooth. Salt to taste.
- To Make the Sheet Pan Chicken: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- On a sheet pan, add the potatoes and green olives. Toss with the olive oil and add a few pinches of salt. Add the chicken and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle both sides of the chicken with a few pinches of salt.
- Transfer to the oven to roast for 45 to 50 minutes, until the chicken skin is crispy and golden brown on top.
- Serve with the tahini-lemon sauce and wedges of lemon.
Adrianna Adarme is a food blogger and author living in Los Angeles, California. She writes the blog A Cozy Kitchen, where she shares comforting, everyday recipes from her kitchen. She recently authored her first cookbook, PANCAKES: 72 Sweet and Savory Recipes for the Perfect Stack. She’s a lover of breakfast, pie (and sometimes even pie for breakfast), corgis and cute things. You can find her on Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook.