Springtime is in full effect. Well, not yet. I was in Detroit and Chicago earlier this week and walking at 7am in 19 degree weather doesnt exactly scream spring but I could still feel it was lingering!
Thyme is one of my favorite herbs of all time. I love it in savory, sweet and tart things. Its great with chicken, fruits and citrus. Its a magical, magical herbs that is literally the thing I kill first every time I get the bold idea that Im going to start a potted garden. Thyme and basil are always the first to go. Rosemary always withstands my forgetful watering schedule because it is truly a trooper. Thyme? Not so much.
I will admit that thyme and lemon can often times remind me of cleaning solution so its super important that a good amount of sugar is added. And of course vodka helps, too.
This cocktail is also helped by my addiction of La Croix. Ive had this cocktail with the grapefruit, regular flavor and coconut and they are all amazing with it. Regular ol club soda will also work!
Im excited about a few recipes coming soon which are all Easter/Spring forward. Cant wait! In the meantime, I hope you enjoy this cocktail.
Meyer Lemon and Thyme Vodka Spritz
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 sprig of fresh thyme, plus more as garnish
- 1/4 cup Meyer lemon juice, plus more slices as garnish
- 2 ounces vodka of choice
- Sparkling water or La Croix (flavor of choice)
- In a medium saucepan, set over medium heat, combine the sugar and water. Stir until dissolved. Add the thyme and turn the heat off. Cover and allow to steep for 10 to 15 minutes. Strain, discarding the thyme, and set aside.
- Add a handful of ice to two glasses. Add two tablespoons to each glass. And then divide the Meyer lemon juice amongst the glasses. Top with an ounce of vodka per glass and then add a splash of sparkling water or La Croix. Give it a stir and then taste test. Add more thyme-syrup or vodka, if you like! Garnish with a lemon slice and sprig of thyme.
Yield: Makes 2 Drinks
Adrianna Adarme is a food blogger and author living in Los Angeles, California. She writes the blog A Cozy Kitchen, where she shares comforting, everyday recipes from her kitchen. She recently authored her first cookbook, PANCAKES: 72 Sweet and Savory Recipes for the Perfect Stack. She’s a lover of breakfast, pie (and sometimes even pie for breakfast), corgis and cute things. You can find her on Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook.