French bread pizzas are one of my very favorite quick dinners. I love that I can throw everything together and have a delicious, warm meal on the table in under 25 minutes. Plus, they are a huge hit with everyone! No dealing with messy pizza dough here — just slice and bake for a quick, easy and delicious meal.
The toppings you choose are totally up to you! My favorite pizza is a classic Margherita, which is just buffalo mozzarella cheese, pizza sauce and fresh basil, so thats what I made here. You cant go wrong with a classic! However, feel free to use grated mozzarella cheese instead of fresh, and add pepperoni or other toppings if you like!
I think these pizzas would be the perfect meal for a big crowd. Just buy a couple loaves of French bread and youre in business.
French Bread Pizza
- 1 loaf French bread
- 16 oz buffalo mozzarella cheese, sliced thin
- 1 jar of your favorite pizza sauce
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves (or dried basil)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice your French bread into four equal pieces. Then, slice those four pieces in half so now you have eight pieces of bread.
- Spoon pizza sauce over slices of bread, then arrange slices of buffalo mozzarella over top.
- Place pizzas on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes, until bubbly. Immediately upon removing from the oven, scatter the basil on top.
Yield: 4 servings
Jenna Weber is half of the Fresh Tastes blog team. She graduated from Le Cordon Bleu in 2008 and, since then, has worked as a pastry chef, bread baker and freelance food editor. Currently, Jenna blogs full-time on EatLiveRun.com where her delicious daily recipes and quirky culinary musings appeal to thousands. She lives in Northern California and, when not in the kitchen, can usually be found on her yoga mat.