I like to think that this is the salad I could eat every single day during this season and I would never tire of its flavors. I’m pretty positive this is an accurate statement.
I’m currently trying to eat healthy (basically a constant mission of mine, most of the time I only halfway succeed) and this has become a salad that is in heavy rotation. I eat it after a workout or a few hours before one.
The dressing is filled with oregano and lemon juice and red wine vinegar. The garbanzo beans are delicious with the crisp slices of cucumber, sliced red onion and sliced asparagus. It’s a super easy salad that stays so well when kept in the fridge. Last week, I made a big batch of this on a Sunday and it was still delicious on Tuesday and Wednesday—a fete!
Asparagus Garbanzo Bean Salad
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 spears of asparagus, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 (15-ounce) can of garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Persian cucumber, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- In a large serving bowl or mixing bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, salt, oregano and pepper. Then add the asparagus, garbanzo beans, cucumbers and red onion. Toss until combined. This is a great “make-ahead” salad so feel free to keep it in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Yield: 4-6 servings
Adrianna Adarme is a food blogger and author living in Los Angeles, California. She writes the blog A Cozy Kitchen, where she shares comforting, everyday recipes from her kitchen. She recently authored her first cookbook, PANCAKES: 72 Sweet and Savory Recipes for the Perfect Stack. She’s a lover of breakfast, pie (and sometimes even pie for breakfast), corgis and cute things. You can find her on Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook.