This past weekend I was in Portland in not very summer-y weather at all. And guess what? I loved it. I dont think Im supposed to be in hot weather it makes me feel ill. But one thing I do love about the summer are all the grilled foods. Grilled veggies, grilled fruit all delicious. Lets just grill everything!
When I was in Portland I went to a restaurant where nearly everything was grilled. I had grilled octopus, grilled summer veggies and the most perfectly grilled peaches. The peaches were served in a savory context with cheese and dukkah. They were fantastic. So simple and delicious. I feel like grilled foods should be simple. This iteration of that dish is simple, too. Its topped with a balsamic reduction, a spoonful of burrata and crushed pumpkin seeds. And salt! The sweet and salty is magical.
Happy grilling season!
Grilled Peaches with Burrata
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 yellow peaches (ripe yet firm), halved and pitted
- Olive oil
- 8 ounces burrata (2 balls of burrata)
- In a small saucepan, set over medium heat, add the balsamic vinegar. Cook until it reduces by half and is very syrup-y; do not walk away since this happens in about 2 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl (it’ll thicken as it cools) and set aside.
- Fire up your grill. Brush the peaches with a bit of olive oil. Grill over high heat, cut side down for 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the grill and then immediately brush with the balsamic vinegar glaze. Top with a spoonful of burrata and transfer back to the grill, over low heat, just to warm the burrata and melt it slightly. Transfer to a plate and garnish with salt, pepper and crushed pumpkin seeds. Easy peasy!
Yield: 4 servings
Adrianna Adarme is a food blogger and author living in Los Angeles, California. She writes the blog A Cozy Kitchen, where she shares comforting, everyday recipes from her kitchen. She recently authored her first cookbook, PANCAKES: 72 Sweet and Savory Recipes for the Perfect Stack. She’s a lover of breakfast, pie (and sometimes even pie for breakfast), corgis and cute things. You can find her on Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook.