Easter is this weekend and soon after that there will be Mother’s Day and Memorial Day! Phew, time is flying! I think this batch cocktail is the perfect thing for a crowd. I used to make cocktails per order for people and then I smartened up.
I like making large batch cocktails because this means that I can make the drink and then just let it hang in the fridge until my friends come over. No need to hand mix each and every drink! Who has time for that?
This is a raspberry smash base: sugar, vanilla bean and, most important, vodka! Then when friends come over, I divide it among glasses, add some ice and sparkling water and done! It’s that simple and who doesn’t love that?
- 6 ounces fresh raspberries
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla paste or vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 6 ounces rosé vodka or plain vodka
- To a saucepan, set over medium heat, add the fresh raspberries, vanilla paste, sugar and water. Cook until softened and mostly smooth, about 10 minutes. Pour through a strainer into a bowl and transfer to the fridge to chill, about 1 hour.
- Add the entire amount to a large pitcher, along with the vodka. Chill in the fridge for 2 hours. To serve, add ice cubes to a glass, fill up 3/4 of the way with the raspberry vodka mixture and then top it off with a few ounces of sparking water. Repeat for all your friends.
Adrianna Adarme is a food blogger and author living in Los Angeles, California. She writes the blog A Cozy Kitchen, where she shares comforting, everyday recipes from her kitchen. She recently authored her first cookbook, PANCAKES: 72 Sweet and Savory Recipes for the Perfect Stack. She’s a lover of breakfast, pie (and sometimes even pie for breakfast), corgis and cute things. You can find her on Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook.