This Sunday is one of the most important days of the year its Mothers Day! If youre lucky enough to be with your mama that day, these strawberry rhubarb bellinis would be perfect for that day!
It couldnt be simpler to make. I had some rhubarb and strawberries in the fridge that were on their way out and I wanted them to have a delicious ending. This bellini starts with a rhubarb strawberry puree being made over the stove. After it gets run through a strainer, its combined with very cold sparkling wine or champagne. This is a great thing to make ahead, the day before.
Happy Mothers Day!
Strawberry Rhubarb Bellini
- 1/2 pound strawberries, hulled and chopped
- 1 stalk rhubarb, trimmed and chopped into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan, combine all of the ingredients. Cook over medium-low heat for about 10 to 12 minutes, until the strawberries and rhubarb turn to mush. Run the syrup through a strainer and discard the pulp.
- Add a few tablespoons to each champagne glass. Top with champagne and serve with a strawberry as a garnish.
Adrianna Adarme is a food blogger and author living in Los Angeles, California. She writes the blog A Cozy Kitchen, where she shares comforting, everyday recipes from her kitchen. She recently authored her first cookbook, PANCAKES: 72 Sweet and Savory Recipes for the Perfect Stack. She’s a lover of breakfast, pie (and sometimes even pie for breakfast), corgis and cute things. You can find her on Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook.