It’s almost officially summer, which means tomatoes are in full effect. During the warmer months, I want meals to be super simple. And this super quick dish falls into that category. While I would definitely categorize this meal as quick and easy, there are a few extra steps that are 100% worth it.
The blistering of the cherry tomatoes make it so they get caramelized, release some of their natural sugars and then cook on a lower temperature so they get super juicy and saucy. This is sautéed with artichokes and garlic and a bit of pasta water is added.
It’s a simple sauce that is made better by adding a bit of cheese and crushed red pepper. I transfer the pasta directly from the pot to the saute pan and mix it all together. Transfer to plates and boomsummer dinner!
Blistered Tomato and Artichoke Pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pints of cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup finely chopped artichoke hearts
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 pound pasta of choice
- 1 ounce of feta cheese, crumbled, as garnish
- To a large saute pan, set over medium-high heat, add the olive oil. When the oil is warm, add the cherry tomatoes and cook until seared and blistered, about 2 to 3 minutes. Bring the heat down to a low heat and continue cooking until they become softened, about 2 minutes. Then add the artichokes, garlic, a few pinches of salt and crushed red pepper; and cook for an additional 5 to 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta to al dente or according to your the package’s instructions.
- Scoop out about 1/2 cups of pasta water and add it to the pan with the tomatoes. Bring a simmer to reduce for about 2 minutes. Next, add the cooked pasta to the pan and toss until the pasta is coated in the sauce.
- Divide amongst bowls or plates and top with crumbled feta as garnish. Serve immediately.
Adrianna Adarme is a food blogger and author living in Los Angeles, California. She writes the blog A Cozy Kitchen, where she shares comforting, everyday recipes from her kitchen. She recently authored her first cookbook, PANCAKES: 72 Sweet and Savory Recipes for the Perfect Stack. She’s a lover of breakfast, pie (and sometimes even pie for breakfast), corgis and cute things. You can find her on Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook.