Food Home » Recipes » Bean Enchiladas
Source: Loving Your Family, Feeding Their Future - The Healthy Family Guide Book.
- 3 ½ cups cooked pinto beans (or two 15-ounce cans of low-sodium
- pinto beans)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ½ cup low-fat shredded cheese, such as Monterey Jack
- 8 (6-inch) whole wheat tortillas
- Salsa (see Fresh Salsa recipe)
- Place beans in a large bowl and mash coarsely with a fork or potato
- masher; stir in chili powder.
- Wrap tortillas in a damp paper towel. Microwave on HIGH for 45 seconds, or until tortillas are soft and warm.
- Divide bean mixture among tortillas and spread down center of tortilla.
- Sprinkle cheese on bean mixture. Roll tortillas to enclose mixture. Spray a 9-inch x 13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Place enchiladas, seam side down, into baking dish.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350ºF for 20 minutes or until heated through. Serve warm with salsa.
Nutrition InfoEach serving provides 520 calories, 110 calories from fat, 12 grams fat, 4 grams saturated fat, 0 grams trans fat, 10 mg cholesterol, 700 mg sodium, 81 grams carbohydrate, 13 grams fiber, 3 grams sugars, 23 grams protein
Search or Browse Recipes