- 1 1/2 cups fresh blackberries, washed
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- In a medium non-stick sauce pan, cook the blackberries, 1/4 cup water, sugar, and lemon juice on medium high for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer the berry mixture to a blender or food processor and puree the fruit for 30 seconds in two 15 second intervals.
- If the sauce is completely pulverized and pasty thick, add the remaining 1/4 cup of water. Blend again for 15 seconds. The sauce will be fluid.
- Transfer the sauce to a serving dish. Store any remaining sauce in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.