Food Home » Recipes » Blueberry Cobbler
Source: Favorite Farmers Market Recipes, Saratoga County CCE
Cook time: 35 Minutes
Yield: 10 servings
- 3 cups (1 & ½ pints) blueberries
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2/3 cup low-fat milk
- 1 egg, well beaten
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Grease a large (1 ½ quart) 8x8 casserole-type baking dish. Combine berries, sugar, and lemon juice in a bowl. Spoon into the baking dish.
- In another bowl combine the flour, salt, and baking powder. Work in the
- butter until the mixture forms coarse crumbs.
- Lightly beat the egg and milk together; stir this into the dry mixture to form a smooth dough.
- Spoon dough over the berries, pressing slightly to cover as much as possible. Bake 35-40 minutes or until the cobbler is light brown.
Nutrition InfoEach serving provides 150 calories, 30 calories from fat, 3 grams fat, 1.5 grams saturated fat, 0 grams trans fat, 25 mg cholesterol, 200 mg sodium, 30 grams carbohydrate, 2 grams fiber, 12
grams sugars, 4 grams protein
Search or Browse Recipes