- 1 Savoy cabbage (2 pounds) halved, cored, and cut crosswise into 1-inch strips, thick ribs removed
- 1 tablespoon butter cut into small pieces
- coarse salt and ground pepper
- Place cabbage in a large skillet with 1 cup water (skillet will be very full). Bring to a boil, and reduce heat to medium-low. Cover skillet; simmer until cabbage is very tender, tossing occasionally, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Pour out any water remaining in skillet. Add butter; season with salt and pepper. Toss gently to combine.