- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter preferably natural
- 3 tablespoons mango chutney
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 garlic clove coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 ½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut across the grain into ¼-inch-wide strips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Fresh cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Make sauce: In a blender, combine peanut butter, chutney, lime juice, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, garlic, pepper flakes, ¼ teaspoon salt, and ¼ cup water; blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Thread each chicken piece onto a skewer (fold the pieces slightly as you work so the skewers go in and out of the meat). Place skewered chicken in a shallow dish; season with salt and pepper. Drizzle oil and remaining tablespoon soy sauce over chicken; turn to coat.
- Heat grill to high; lightly oil grates. Grill chicken until cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a platter; garnish with cilantro, if desired. Serve with chutney sauce.
Tips/TechniquesNote: The peanut-chutney sauce can be refrigerated in a covered container for up to a week. If you like, double the recipe, and serve the extra with grilled pork or as a dipping sauce for shrimp.
Nutrition InfoPer serving: 350 calories; 13.7 grams fat; 44.1 grams protein; 11.6 grams carbohydrates; 1 gram fiber