- 2 yellow bell peppers seeded and ribs removed
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and ribs removed
- 8 large tomatoes peeled and seeded
- 1 red onion peeled and cut into quarters
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped serrano chile
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 12 whole black peppercorns
- 3 lobsters 1 1/4 pounds each, steamed and shelled
- 1/2 cup créme fraîche or sour cream
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 6 scallions halved lengthwise, then cut into 2-inch matchsticks
- Cut 1 yellow pepper into small squares and set aside for garnish. Quarter the remaining yellow pepper and red pepper.
- Working in batches, purée the peppers, tomatoes, onion, chile, cilantro, vinegar, wine, salt, and pepper in the jar of a blender until smooth. Transfer the purée to a bowl. Cover and refrigerate until cold and ready to serve, up to 1 day in advance.
- Cut the lobster tails crosswise into 1/4-inch medallions. Split each claw into 2 pieces by cutting across the flat side.
- In a small bowl mix together the créme fraîche and lime juice.
- Divide the gazpacho among 6 deep soup plates or shallow bowls. Top with the lobster, yellow pepper squares, créme fraîche, and scallions.
Tips/TechniquesThis segment appears in show #2820.
Recipes reprinted from The Arrows Cookbook: Cooking and Gardening from Maine's Most Beautiful Farmhouse Restaurant, Scribner 2003
© 2003 Clark Frasier and Mark Gaier