- Olive oil for brushing
- 1/3 cup Chunky Tomato Sauce(recipe)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Brush edge of crust with olive oil. Spread center with tomato sauce, and sprinkle with cheese.
- Turn out dough onto a floured work surface. Knead until smooth and elastic, 3 to 4 minutes. Place in a resealable plastic bag; let rise until doubled in bulk, 2 hours at room temperature or overnight in the refrigerator (let come to room temperature before proceeding, about 40 minutes).
- Divide dough into four equal portions; roll into balls, and cover with a clean kitchen towel or plastic wrap until puffed, about 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 500° . Place each dough ball on a baking sheet; using your hands, gently flatten, and pull into 8-by-10-inch ovals. Top as desired.
- Bake until crust is golden brown and toppings are hot, rotating sheets halfway through, 10 to 12 minutes.
Nutrition InfoPer serving: 663 calories; 29.4 grams fat; 34.1 grams protein; 72.8 grams carbohydrates; 3.9 grams fiber