Try this healthy and colorful lunch of rainbow wraps from Aviva Goldfarb of The Six O'Clock Scramble. See the full post at Kitchen Explorers.
Prep time: 20 Minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 4 oz. light vegetable cream cheese (or use Boursin cheese or blue cheese or ranch dressing)
- 6 large flavored wraps such as spinach or red pepper or whole wheat or flour tortillas
- 6 large iceberg lettuce leaves
- 1 1/2 cup shredded carrots (2 – 3 large carrots)
- 1 1/2 cup shredded red cabbage, or use peeled and diced cucumber
- 1/4 red onion, finely diced (1/2 cup total) (optional)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 cup crumbled blue or shredded Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese (optional)
- Spread a thin layer of cream cheese (or other spread) on one side of each tortilla, and top it with a lettuce leaf.
- Distribute the fillings evenly on the tortillas (or customize them to your family members’ tastes), fold in the ends, and roll them up burrito or wrap-style. Cut each wrap in half diagonally to expose the rainbow within.