- 1/2 cup dried lentils
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large hot house cucumber (or 3 persian cucumbers), diced
- 1 bunch of dill, minced (about 3 tablespoons)
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Salt to taste
- In a medium saucepan, add the lentils, a few pinches of salt and enough water to cover lentils by a few inches. Turn the heat to medium and cover the pot, cooking the lentils for 10 to 15 minutes, until tender. Drain the lentils and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, add yogurt, lemon juice and a few pinches of salt. Mix until combined. Add the dill, diced cucumber and nearly cooled lentils. Toss together until completely combined. Give it a taste and adjust the salt or lemon juice to your liking. Serve immediately.