Food Home » Recipes » Dark Chocolate Cinnamon Holiday Cookies
Dark Chocolate Cinnamon Holiday Cookies
Whip out some perfect Christmas cookies for Santa Claus with your children. Food blogger Jenna Weber explains why these are quick Christmas cookies in a full post on the Fresh Tastes blog.
Yield: About 3 dozen cookies
- 2/3 cup cocoa
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- For Icing
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp milk (or enough to form a thick, thick glaze)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Cream together the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until just blended.
- In another bowl, sift the cocoa into the flour. Add the baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and beat until combined and a soft dough forms.
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface to ¼” thick. Cut out cookies with holiday cutters and place on a greased or parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake cookies for 12 minutes then cool on wired racks.
- To make icing, mix together the powdered sugar and milk until desired thick consistency is met. Spread icing over cooled cookies and decorate with sprinkles!
Search or Browse Recipes