- 1 cup raw cashews
- 2 cups filtered or spring water
- 3 tablespoons Sucanat or brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 Medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Put the cashews and 1 cup water in a small bowl. Refrigerate and let soak for 3 to 4 hours. Drain the cashews and rinse well under cold-running water. Drain and rinse again.
- Heat the remaining 1 cup water in a small saucepan over medium heat until steaming hot, but not boiling. Put the chilled, soaked cashews, Sucanat (or brown sugar), cocoa powder, vanilla extract, dates and chocolate chips in a blender container in the order listed.
- Pour in the steaming hot water and process until completely smooth.
- Divide the mixture between six small wine glasses or eight espresso cups. Refrigerate 4 to 8 hours or until set.
- Serve chilled with Vegan Whipped Topping (recipe below) spooned or piped on top, if desired.
Nutrition InfoAmount per serving, based on 8 servings: 211 Calories; 11g Fat; 6g Saturated fat; 3g Protein; 1mg Sodium; 32g Total Carbohydrate; 26g Sugars; 3g Fiber