Food Home » Recipes » Easy Meatloaf
This meatloaf doesn't require as much work as the classic version, but it stays juicy with loads of flavor. (Recipe Credit: Marc Matsumoto of Fresh Tastes.)
- For the meatloaf:
- 6 ounces onion (1 small onion, finely minced)
- 0.25 ounces garlic (1 large clove, finely minced)
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 ounce panko (about 1/2 cup)
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 teaspoons porcini powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- For the glaze:
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Put the onions and garlic in a large microwave-safe bowl, cover with plastic wrap and microwave at 800 watts for 2 minutes.
- Let the onions cool a bit. Add the beef, panko, ketchup, soy sauce, eggs, porcini powder and black pepper. Put a glove on and knead the mixture together with your hand until uniform.
- Turn the meatloaf mixture out into a non-stick loaf pan and press the mixture into the corners, flattening off the top.
- Mix the ketchup and brown sugar for the glaze and then pour it on top of the meat, spreading to distribute evenly.
- Cover the loaf pan with a sheet of foil and bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove the foil and continue baking until the meatloaf reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees F (about another 10-15 minutes).
- When the meatloaf is done, remove the loaf pan from the oven and let the meatloaf rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Drain the extra fat and liquid off of the meatloaf and discard. Slice the meatloaf and serve.
Search or Browse Recipes