Food Home » Recipes » Farmers’ Market Stir Fry
In summer, nothing is better than fresh vegetables from the farmer's market. Treat yourself to this healthy stir fry that includes fresh broccoli, carrots, mushrooms, onion and red pepper.
Source: Kim Sopczyk, CCE Warren County
- 2 cups broccoli, cut up
- 1 cup carrots, sliced
- 1/4 cup onions, chopped
- 1 cup red pepper, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup fresh mushrooms
- 1 pound pork, cut in to small strips
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Heat oil in skillet. Add broccoli, carrots, onion, red pepper and garlic powder.
- Cook for 5 minutes (vegetables should be firm and crisp).
- Remove vegetable mixture from skillet and cover to keep warm. Add mushrooms.
- Next, add the pork strips to the skillet. Then, add soy sauce.
- Return the vegetables to the skillet and cook over medium high heat until heated through.
- Serve over brown rice.
Nutrition InfoEach serving [without rice] provides 180 calories, 67 calories from fat, 7.4 grams fat, 1.8 grams saturated fat, 55 mg cholesterol, 421 mg sodium, 6.3 grams carbohydrates, 1.8 grams fiber, 2.6 grams sugar, 21.8 grams protein
Search or Browse Recipes