- 4 slices country bread
- 4 ounces thinly sliced ham
- 2 ounces (1/2 cup) Manchego cheese coarsely grated
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons apricot jam
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Top each of 2 bread slices with ham, Manchego, and remaining slices. Brush tops of panini with 2 teaspoons oil.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-low. Place panini in skillet, oiled side up. Cover; cook until golden brown and cheese has melted, 5 to 8 minutes per side, pressing down with a spatula 3 to 4 times during cooking.
- Meanwhile, make dipping sauce: In a small bowl, mix together jam and Dijon. Serve panini with sauce on the side.