- 1 fresh hatch chile
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice from 2 limes
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 3 ears of corn, husks removed and kernels cut off the cob
- 1/4 red onion, peeled and diced
- Place a hatch chile on the grates of your gas burner. Turn the flame to medium-high heat and rotate every 30 seconds or so until the entire chile is evenly charred. Immediately transfer it to a plastic sandwich bag and seal it up and allow to stand for about 5 minutes. This will steam the outer skin. Open up the plastic bag and transfer the chile to a cutting board. With the back of your knife, rub the charred skin off of the chile. Dice the chile, discarding the stems and seeds and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add the olive oil and lime juice and a few pinches of salt; whisk together until combined. Add the blueberries, corn kernels, red onion and reserved diced chile. Toss until everything is evenly coated in the dressing. Give it a taste and adjust the salt to taste (I added a few pinches more). Serve with chips or eat solo with a fork.