Food Home » Recipes » Heartland Lamb Stew
- 1-1 1/2 pounds lamb shoulder, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 medium onions, quartered
- 1 (16-ounce) can whole tomatoes in juice, cut in halves or quarters
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups water
- 6 medium potatoes, quartered
- 3 carrots, cut in thick slices
- 6 medium turnips, peeled and quartered
- Preheat oven to 350° F. In an oven proof pan with cover, brown lamb cubes in
- oil on medium high heat.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle over lamb; stir well. Stir in onion, tomatoes, garlic, rosemary, cloves
- and water. Add potatoes, carrots and turnips.
- Bake, covered, 60 minutes or until meat and vegetables are tender
Nutrition InfoEach serving provides 389 calories, 91 calories from fat, 10.1 grams fat, 2.8 grams saturated fat, 77 mg cholesterol, 449 mg sodium, 45.8 grams carbohydrates, 8.7 grams fiber, 11.4grams sugar, 29.5 grams protein
Search or Browse Recipes